SAVE THE DATE! March 19-22, 2018, Huntsville, Alabama
The LGBT Community Center
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center (The Center) located in New York City has a robust Community Services Department that serves more than 7,000 LGBT adults, youth and families annually via direct service programs, trainings and community outreach. This service continuum includes drop-in screenings and referrals; individual and couples counseling; support groups; smoking cessation; immigration support; HIV testing and linkage to care; cancer support services for women; a substance abuse outpatient treatment program; family coaching; reproductive health seminars for prospective LGBT families; and programming for youth.
What They Needed
The Community Services Department was in need of a database system that could handle the following:
- Accurately track all clients who are engaged in programming.
- Collect key data such as demographic information (i.e., race, ethnicity, country of origin age, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Document mental health /substance abuse concerns and HIV status/important risk factors.
- And accurately measure client outcomes to better evaluate all Center programming.
How They Use Collaborate
We introduced and implemented our specialized case management product, Collaborate, within their Community Services Department in November 2013. We worked with The Center to customize modules within Collaborate:
- Standardization of all social service program intake/data collection tools
- Data collection mechanisms that allows them to digitize their assessment tools to screen for program eligibility
- Creation of forms that allows them to document information that is specific to the LGBT community.
- Sophisticated reports and integrations, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Private health insurance (UB-04)
Future goals include the creation of custom reporting that would allow them to track clients that receive services in more than one program over time; track client trends including access to preventative/ primary healthcare services and related health outcomes; and become a “data-driven” organization that allows us to utilize a thorough data set to make organizational decisions.
What They Said About Us
“The data that Community Services is now able to secure and analyze from Collaborate is being used for both departmental and programmatic evaluation to make more informed and strategic decisions in regards to future visioning, strategic planning and marketing campaigns. Additionally community members who are engaged in different services within Community Services now experience a more efficient and less intrusive in-take process.”
“Previously, clients were required to fill out separate paperwork for each program area they accessed. With the streamlined process that Collaborate provides, clients are now only required to provide necessary information once and updates when warranted. Once information is input into the system it is visible to all appropriate staff across service areas – making for a highly efficient client experience and delivery of services.”
Cynthia Nuara, MPA
Director of Administrative Services